What causes interference to the spine?
Different types of stresses can cause this.
- Physical stress: strain from walking, exercising, injuries and occupational stress can contribute greatly.
- Emotional stressors: personal, professional and emotional tension.
- Chemical stressors: Now more than ever we are exposed to chemical stressors such as medications, pesticides, herbicides and hormones in our foods also environmental toxins
If this interference that the above stressors cause is not corrected, it can create abnormal body chemistry, disease and accelerated deterioration
- How is this interference detected and corrected?
On your first visit Dr. Michelle Urban will take you through a thorough history taking, exam, and neurologic testing to assess where the levels of interference (or subluxation) are.Once she determines the areas involved and goes through a report of findings with you to discuss your areas of concern, if any, she will use an adjustment to make the correction.An adjustment is a highly skilled and precise movement applied usually by hand or with an instrument to a joint in the body. This adjustment will loosen the joint to restore proper motion and optimize function.
- Is chiropractic safe?
Adjustments delivered by licensed Chiropractors have been studied extensively.
Complications are rare and side effects, such as temporary soreness are usually minor.Chiropractors are well trained to determine if your problem will respond to chiropractic care or if you need a referral to another health care practitioner.Chiropractic is hands-on health care that works.
- What type of education do you have?
Following university studies, a chiropractor must then complete a rigorous four year, full time education program and pass comprehensive Canadian qualifying examinations in order to become licensed to practice. Chiropractors are regulated health care professionals.In addition, Dr. Michelle Urban has taken part in all 10 post graduate modules for pediatric training with the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association through the USA able to provide total care for the whole family.